Friday, March 28, 2008

Hiatus.

"Can you imagine what it is to cross an ocean? For weeks you see nothing but the horizon. Perfect and empty. You live in the grip of fear. Fear of storms. Fear of sickness on board. Fear of the immensity.

So you must drive that fear deep into your belly. Study your charts. Watch your compass. Pray for a fair wind. And hope. Pure, naked, fragile hope.

At first it's no more than a haze on the horizon. So you watch. You watch. And it's a smudge. A shadow on the far water. For a day. For another day. The stain slowly spreads along the horizon, taking form...until on the third day you let yourself believe. You dare to whisper the word "land." Land. Life. Resurrection. A true adventure, coming out of the vast unknown, out of the immensity, into new life. That, your Majesty, is the new world."

Example
Sir Walter Raleigh (Clive Owen) from the movie "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"
_______

I'm signing off for just a month. In my own way, I dare to whisper the word. Know that while we sleep, everything has changed.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela Hart said...

Great quote Steve. Enjoy your sign off month. Adios!

5:15 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Be well, and carry on. There are those that remain and stand, that remember you in their prayers. Come and see us some time.

11:49 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I would tease you about what calendar your using... its been more than a month. However, I haven't posted anything since March either.

8:23 PM

 
Blogger Debra said...

I just discovered this blog accidently when I was searching for a poem by John Donohue that a friend gave me for my new beginning. What a wonderful blog! So inspiring - thank you. I have now discovered John Donohue and this blog to accompany me on my "new beginning".

6:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home