Friday, July 04, 2008

Celtic Wisdom in Norway...

“Once the soul awakens, the search begins and you can never go back. From then on, you are inflamed with a special longing that will never again let you linger in the lowlands of complacency and partial fulfillment. The eternal makes you urgent. You are loath to let compromise or the threat of danger hold you back from striving toward the summit of fulfillment.”

O'Donohue - Anam Cara
__

About 5 years ago, I started kicking a hole in my private universe. Some light got in. It’s brought with it so many new words and feelings that I’m just now accessing a way to talk about it. It has bent my soul in a manner that won’t allow me to forget how life used to be, nor overlook the new mysteries of how life is unfolding.
Example
There is no standing still. No going back. I know that truth. I’ve experienced a lot of communal grace in the last year that has kept me taking those steps forward. To continue the process of healing. And for what? What is the what? Driving along the seaside of Norway helps with that contemplative space. All I see is one beautiful, continuing coastline.

As I take it in, I’m attempting to cast a further vision for my life, past present uncertainties.
I have this moment. This day.
This community of friends, lovers, poets and prophets.
A heart that hungers for creative questioning and life collaborating.
I want to know more love. More beauty. More truth. All more fully.
A language that helps reconcile my brokenness, expresses shared longings, and invites further exploration.
I want to be more free with myself.
And I want to learn how to give it away with humility and grace.
Example
Today I AM knowing love, beauty and truth. And the longing doesn’t appear to stop. That’s the reconciliation in this moment. All the love, beauty, truth, and new language to speak of it will never put it to it’s end. So, a compelling vision today looks like engaging with the newfound ache of joy and pain as a perpetual student and teacher…a wounded healer with an undying passion for the alleluia and the amen.

“Everything alive is in movement. This movement we call growth. The most exciting form of growth is not mere physical growth but the inner growth of one’s soul and life. It is here that the holy longing within the heart brings one’s life into motion. The deepest wish of the heart is that this motion does not remain broken or jagged but develops sufficient fluency to become the rhythm of one’s life.”

O'Donohue - Anam Cara

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home